Welcome to the WWII Home Front and Lesson Plans for Grades K-5
We are excited to have you with us on this educational journey to honor our WWII veterans and the millions of Americans who worked on the Home Front. The lesson plans are all based on primary source interviews and are aligned to educational standards in Social Studies, Science and English Language Arts (ELA).
1. Grade 4: D-Day Weather Lesson Plan –
2. Grade 5: Cells, Microorganisms and Penicillin –
3. Grade 5: Rosie the Riveter had no time for selfies –
4. Grade 5: Tuskegee Airmen Lesson Plan –
5. Grade 5: The Holocaust Lesson Plan –